We spoke to Lee Odden of TopRank Marketing for episode #12 of How It’s Done.
Lee Odden is the CEO of TopRank Marketing, a content marketing agency that specializes in helping enterprise B2B brands attract and engage new customers through influencer content collaboration, SEO, social media and online advertising. He’s based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He’s written a book called Optimize, blogged over a million words on toprankblog.com and has given over 200 presentations in 17 different countries. He also finds his beard to be “very average”.
2. What made you start your agency? Tell us about your journey.
3. How did you get your first client?
4. What is the biggest problem that you have faced as an agency owner? How did you overcome it?
6. What do you look for when acquiring talent for your agency?
7. How do you manage things like customer churn and employee retention?
8. How did you help your agency scale?
9. Something on a lighter note – top 5 songs from your work playlist?
Rock You Like a Hurricane – Scorpions
You’ve Got Another Thing Coming – Judas Priest
Seek & Destroy – Metallica
Thunderstruck – AC/DC
Guerrilla Radio – Rage Against the Machine
10. Top 5 marketing books that have helped you get where you are now?